Maruti Suzuki winning hearts: Celebrates 50 Lakh Sales in Rural Markets
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has achieved the mark of 50 lakh sales in rural markets. With over 1700 customized outlets in rural parts of the country, the Company reaping the benefits, nearly 40% of the total MSIL sales come from rural markets.
- More than 1700 customized outlets
- Reaching deeper in rural markets with more than 12,500 trained manpower
Strategic areas of intervention to gain a foothold in rural include;
- Largest Rural network: MSIL’s largest rural network helps in reaching the diverse regions of India and provides the showroom experience, touch & feel of the vehicle to the rural customer. Over and above the sales experience, the Company has set up more than 4000 service touchpoints which include 235 ‘Service-on-Wheels’ to provide after-sales support to the customers.
- Resident Dealer Sales Executive (RDSE): RDSEs are specially trained to understand the need of local customers, maintain interpersonal relationships with customers and educate them about our latest offerings. These RDSEs not only help MSIL to reach rural customers but also play an important role in `understanding markets’ and `deeper reach to build new customers.’
- Campaigns for Rural India: MSIL has been designing print and digital communication in vernacular languages to communicate better with the customers. The brand has also been reinforcing campaigns for multiple customer engagement activities like Gramin Mahotsav, entertainment, competitions, new model unveiling, product displays, mega car delivery functions, and various cultural programs