TVS Motor announced ‘The TVS Cheema Scholarship’ in memory of T.S. Srinivasan, the founder of the Company.
- TVS establishes ‘The TVS Cheema Scholarship’ to mark the birth centenary of T.S. Srinivasan, the founder of TVS Motor Company, unveiled by Thiru M.K. Stalin Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- A Rs 100 crore fund will support 500 exceptional and deserving students in Engineering exclusively from Tamil Nadu each year
- TVS Motor also releases The Painted Stork, a book chronicling the remarkable journey of conservation at TVS Motor
Chennai: October 28, 2023:
The scholarship is designed to offer financial support to around 500 students each year, for professional degrees in engineering and particularly in Mechanical Engineering which is key to robotics and future technologies.
T.S. Srinivasan, fondly known as Cheema, was a self-taught mechanical engineer and a believer in the power of lifelong learning. He was a leader who invested in people. This scholarship, therefore, is a fitting tribute to his memory and aims to promote future talent and expand opportunities for deserving students.
“My father, who founded TVS Motor, believed in empowerment and transformation through education,” said Venu Srinivasan, Chairman Emeritus, of TVS Motor. “As we celebrate his centenary, we hope this programme will help nurture unstoppable leaders and fuel original thinkers who will build a better future.’’
TVS Cheema Scholarship:
- The scholarship, with a corpus of Rs 100 crore, will cover full tuition, boarding, and study materials for the duration of the chosen study programme for the awardees. Around 500 students in Engineering will be selected each year.
- TVS Motor will work closely with premier educational institutions, including IITs, NITs, and other esteemed engineering colleges to bring this scholarship to exceptional students.
- The fund will be exclusively for students from Tamil Nadu who will be awarded scholarships after a robust screening process by a select committee.
- A Section 8 company (Not-for-profit) will be set up to administer the scholarship to ensure a transparent, fair, and independent selection process.
TVS Motor is further proud to release The Painted Stork, a book to commemorate the manufacturing philosophy and conservation efforts of TVS Motor for more than two decades. Authored by Neil Hayward, a keen birder, the book showcases how TVS Motor has applied its philosophy of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle to the natural habitat to achieve astonishing results in rewilding.