LAND ROVER DEFENDER SUPPORTS THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST ADVENTURE RACE
As an official vehicle partner, Land Rover will provide a fleet of Defender 110s to support the world’s toughest adventure race. The award-winning Land Rover Defender will demonstrate its capability and durability as a support vehicle for the extreme Red Bull X-Alps.
- Perfect partnership: Award-winning Land Rover Defender to play a vital role as a support vehicle at the world’s toughest adventure race – the Red Bull X-Alps 2021
- Behind the scenes: A fleet of Defender 110 models will transport athletes, medical crew, and support staff, throughout the challenge, over 1 238 km of alpine terrain
- Rugged accommodation: The 4×4 will be a home-from-home for participants, who will sleep onboard using the bespoke Autohome roof tent* developed for the Defender 110
- Extreme endurance: 12-day competition combines hiking, ultra-running, mountaineering, and paragliding across five countries – Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and France
- Adventurous pedigree: Land Rover has more than 73 years of expedition heritage, making it the perfect official vehicle partner for the extreme Red Bull X-Alps
Athletes participating in Red Bull X-Alps will cover more than 1200 km of demanding alpine landscape in up to 12 days, from 20 June to 2 July 2021. Each of the 32 competitors will combine hiking, ultra-running, mountaineering, and paragliding in a true test of human endurance and stamina. On a typical day, the athletes can expect to hike over 50 km with vertical ascents of up to 5000 m, burning as many as 6000 calories. Land Rover’s most capable and durable 4×4 will provide unstoppable transport and shelter from the ever-changing conditions while carrying vital supplies and equipment. The rugged 4x4s will come kitted with Autohome Roof Tents to aid athletes and crew members in their much-needed recovery, providing a safe and comfortable place to rest.
Also read, NEW LAND ROVER DEFENDER SET TO LAUNCH IN INDIA ON 15th OCTOBER and also follow us on Instagram.