The new Jeep Compass has been launched. Prices start from ₹16.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi / Mumbai). Jeep brand dealerships will commence customer test drives and vehicle deliveries from February 2, 2021.
2021 Jeep Compass Key Updates
- Jeep Compass facelift
- All new Interior
- 80th Anniversary Limited Edition variant.
- New Generation UConnect5.
1. BS-VI compliant powertrains – 2.0-litre, 172 PS, 350 Nm, turbo-diesel (Multijet II) and the 1.4-litre 163 PS, 250 Nm, turbo-petrol (Multiair)
2. 6-speed Manual and 7-speed DDCT transmission, newly introduced in the Sport (petrol variant) by popular customer demand.
3. Three All-wheel Drive (AWD) variants, with the legendary Jeep Active Drive and Jeep SelecTerrain® 4×4 system, will be available with the combination of 2.0-litre turbo-diesel with the 9-speed automatic transmission. Available only in 3 variants -Limited (O), Model ‘S’ and the 80th Anniversary Edition.
4. Cruise Control is offered as a standard feature in all 9-speed automatic, AWD variants.
5. The New Jeep Compass is available in seven colours, three of which are new – Techno Metallic Green, Galaxy Blue and Bright White, once again by popular customer demand.
New Jeep Compass 80th Anniversary Edition:
The 80th Anniversary model is a Limited Edition package from Jeep brand’s global portfolio. This special edition comes with body painted front and rear fascia, sill moulding and fender flares, gloss black front grille, black dual-tone roof, black mirrors, a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, automatic LED reflector headlamps, rain sensing wipers and 18-inch granite crystal alloy wheels. It will have a sporty all-black interior, with the 10.1-inch UConnect-5 infotainment touchscreen and loaded with Connected features, as well as six airbags. The 80th Anniversary version also comes with Jeep brand heritage insignia on the exterior, on the front seats and also on the front passenger side instrument panel . Made in India, it will be available to customers in all seven colours.
All-new interior:The 2021 Jeep Compass offers connected features and all-new interiors.
The interior features a completely new design and materials and will be available in either dual tone or black, depending on the variant. The top-end Model ‘S’ comes with ventilated 8-way power-adjustable seats for both driver and the front passenger, with the memory function for the former. The Limited (O) also comes with 8-way power-adjustable seats with memory, but only for the driver.
The new Compass now has increased storage and utility, better ergonomics and new controls with improved Human Machine Interface (HMI). The latest generation UConnect-5 infotainment system is available across the range with a large, 10.1-inch touchscreen (8.4-inch in Sport) in Longitude, Limited (O) and Model ‘S’. The top-end Model ‘S’ comes with a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, which has a selection of 24 digital configurable screens. The driver can configure, access and operate these screens at the press of a button on the newly designed steering wheel. Occupants will have access to Bluetooth audio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as well as Wireless phone charging (offered on the Model ‘S’ trim), conveniently packaged in the more spacious centre console.
Customers can now opt for the Limited (O), the Model ‘S’ or even the 80th Anniversary Edition if they aspire to own a New Jeep Compass with a panoramic sunroof. Model ‘S” also comes with a 9-speaker Alpine sound system with a subwoofer. Other key features are 360-degree camera and a power liftgate in the top-end trim.
Connectivity:The new-generation UConnect-5 enables over-the-air (OTA) updates and can be synced to the Jeep Life app, which allows owners can also interact with the vehicle remotely, using SIM-based connectivity. It allows:
- Locking and unlocking of the doors
- Vehicle health report which will help customers know the condition of their Jeep Compass and plan their trips accordingly
- Driver analytics which will help the driver monitor and improve their driving style
- Location services which provide a geofencing feature to monitor the drive radius
- A Safety Service feature to inform an emergency contact in case of an accident
- Stolen Vehicle Assist that remotely disables the vehicle in case of theft
Engineering and safety:The New Jeep Compass retains architecture and safety. It comes packed with 50+ safety and security features, which are standard across the range. These features include but are not limited to:
Automatic headlamps and rain-sensing wipers,
Electronic parking brake,
Hill hold and hill descent control,
SelecTerrain 4×4 system,
Hot-stamped & laser-welded panels with special TRIP steels,
Frequency Damped Suspension (FSD) – a technology used in sports cars,
Six airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Panic Brake Assist, Brake Lock Differential, Electronic Roll Mitigation, Hydraulic Boost Compensation, Ready-alert Braking, Rainy Brake Support and much more.